CFG Business Solutions is one of the few firms in the U.S. with significant expertise in large life insurance transactions for high net worth individuals, including foreign citizens subject to estate tax on U.S. assets. CFG can assist you, or your advisors, with a review of existing policies, and as a resource to help you make informed decisions about products, pricing, and funding strategies available today. Download and read more about our capabilities in this special supplement. Read more about Domestic Private Placement Life Insurance here.
The life insurance products we use are specially priced for high net worth individuals; we use our buying influence to obtain the best possible underwriting along with best possible pricing. With complex funding situations, we believe that the CFG process is strategic, transparent, and easy to understand for you and your advisors.
As we do with our succession planning practice, we collaborate with you and your advisors to create the best achievable results. We never use high pressure sales techniques. We believe life insurance products should be integrated into a planning process in order to take maximum advantage of the income and estate tax benefits of life insurance.
CFG is a Member Firm of M Financial Group, one of the nation’s leading financial services design and distribution companies. As an M Member Firm, CFG has a unique relationship with top life insurance companies and a number of advantages that position us to deliver differentiated solutions consistent with the objectives of our clients. Read more in the sidebar.
Large Case Management
- Marketplace Capacity: All insurance companies have limits, called “internal retention”, on the amount of insurance they are able to write for one policyholder. Therefore each company reinsures excess risk when underwriting larger cases. CFG has a process of acquiring internal retention from multiple companies and then strategically allocating reinsurance directly. The goal of our innovative approach is to reduce costs, save time, facilitate more favorable underwriting and create better results.
- Funding Strategies: We assist you and your advisors in deciding best strategies for funding large insurance premiums without incurring gift tax. This can include split-dollar and loan arrangements, as well as third-party financing strategies. We coordinate the implementation of these sophisticated techniques with your team of attorneys, CPAs and financial advisors.
- Private Placement Life Insurance: We construct Private Placement Life Insurance products for qualified individuals and entities with a preferred money manager designated to manage the policy's cash values.
Private Placement Life Insurance is an unregistered securities product and is not subject to the same regulatory requirements as registered securities products. As such, Private Placement Life products should only be presented to accredited investors or qualified purchasers as described by the Securities Act of 1933.
- Comparison Pricing: Realistic comparison pricing is hard to obtain for the large life insurance case. Through our membership in the M Group, we offer pricing and products not available in the general marketplace. For example, M mortality pricing, instead of retail pricing, provides distinct advantages when assembling a large case. We also have M Financial underwriting support that works directly with insurance company underwriters for best results.
- Specialized Staff: We have staff specifically dedicated to providing quarterly or annual monitoring of policies to ensure that performance is meeting expectations.